Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Girls

The size of your wedding party I feel starts with the girls. 

I knew I wasn't into a long line of chicks next to my side. The need to get 7 - 8 or even 10 dresses, all the gifts and personalities was way too much to think about.   My mother only had my God Mother (her sister)  next to her and she has 7 sisters. 

So I knew right away who I would call on to be My Girls.  Kelli and Shelly. We have been together since high school the three of us from 11th grade till present. And I couldn't imagine any other two ladies...well I could but to keep things simple I went with my sisters!

Awwww The Girls... aka Diva Mafia (bwahahaha)
Broaches have been on our minds for some time now
Kelli is my Maid of Honor much more conservative then Shelly and I. And I knew I wanted to put her in a darker color and also a more conservative dress.  This is not her dress but one that I saw that made me say "Hi Kelli"


For both girls I wanted vintage oh so bad.  When I came across this peach lushness on etsy I almost cried.  Peach on Shelly would be oh so pretty.  Before I could commit to this dress it was sold.  I think it took both her and I a moment to say farewell to this beauty but not to long after we found another one we loved.  This dress will forever be in my heart!

I wanted to be proper in my request so I sent these printed on cardstock with a love note attached. I found the design on Wedding Chicks,  I was able to download them using the colors they would be wearing and the pretty vintage style I adore.

Sooo this post wouldn't be complete if I left out anything dealing with my girls.  This includes the Bride Rules.  I have threatened to send them to Bridesmaid boot camp on a few occasions, and no not for weight loss but more for attitude adjustments...LOL!  Because of course they are sisters they  tend  to get out of line sometimes.  Here is a copy of a few of my Brides Rules:
( I'll think of more in the next 10 mon.):


1. Don't be silly when I am serious - Shelly often breaks this rule...

2. Do what I say

3. Stay calm unless I say otherwise

4 Keep me happy

5. Stay focused on the project at hand

6. Don't tell me what you think

7. Don't instigate

8. Remain a lady

9. Keep everyone else around me in order

Classic!

Lovingly,
Erlinda Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment