Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fine China

So let us get down to the real deal.

I am a very thrifty chick.  I love vintage, second hand, dollar sales and yard sales! Now like they say the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree and mother would never pay a crazy amount for a wedding.... really if it isn't hers.

So I am on a tight budget and so far I am doing pretty good!

My center pieces started off with candles, cakes on cake stands I am making (DIY post coming soon), and of course flowers.

I knew from jump I wanted different candles and cake stands but got a little lost when it came to the vases for the flowers.  After a little talk with my florist I was informed me buying my vases wholesale I would get small clear ones for $5 ... small clear vases all the same for $5 mmmmmm! Then I met another Vintage bride.  She had the same amount of time I do and collected 115 vases from thrift stores...I was INSPIRED!

I got right to work...and this is why I see bowls in my sleep:

This pretty white vase was $5 from a thrift store in Culver City... the plate set you see behind it I think was $10 from the Goodwill .... the little candle holders were $2 for the pair bought at a thrift store in Pasadena.
The glass bowl mmmm wow I have bought a lot LOL! I don't remember where or how I came across that gem..... the little blue glass jug to much at $10 but I was on a roll at August Rush Vintage on Motor and National that it didn't matter.... the blue plate set in the background TOTAL score and actually started the finds FREE.99 at work someone set them out and I took them home ... the lil silver candle holder $1 at Michael's
This one will be in the family for the rest of our lives.... my granddaughter may have it at her wedding. The fruit bowl is my new centerpiece item on the table.  I found her with the pretty roses on it for $30 at August Rush...YIKES way to much but very pretty.
Eeeek the craz has begun! Can you picture it in 6 months...

Lovingly,
Erlinda Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment